July Intensive Program
English Language Program
Next Program: July 4 - July 28, 2017
The University of Winnipeg's four-week July Intensive English Language Program offers an English language learning opportunity and cultural experience that will leave you with a new appreciation for the English language, while you make new friends and enjoy all that Winnipeg has to offer.
This month-long program is for students who want a short, intensive English language learning experience.
7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program
Next Program: July 4 - August 18, 2017
- Students interested in applying for a July English Language Program may also be interested in the summer session of our 7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program. Students in this program attend their classes in the July Intensive 4 week program, after which they participate in an unpaid work placement component.
- For information on this program, visit: 7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program
The University of Winnipeg offers:
- Placement tests to determine the most appropriate class for you
- Small, friendly classes and workshops that are interesting, practical, and fun
- Personalized and professional instruction by skilled and supportive instructors who are trained in second language instruction methods
- Practical and effective classroom lessons and workshops
- Many different activities & city excursions
- Wireless internet access and the use of several computer labs on campus
- Final grade and transcript, with a description outlining the work completed during the program
- High academic standards that stress essential skills
- Opportunities to experience the culture and lifestyle of a uniquely Canadian prairie city
- Opportunities to form lasting friendships with fellow students
- We ensure that every student is placed in a class that reflects his or her level of ability and competence in the English language, which is determined for each student based on an entrance placement test conducted after your arrival.
- Morning sessions focus on developing skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Conversation classes will improve your speaking skills as well as your knowledge of our city's culture and lifestyle.
- * Specifically designed for 7 week Canadian Work Experience Program participants, afternoon seminars called " English in the Workplace" will improve professional communication skills and prepare students for the last 3 weeks of this 7 week program where they will engage in their work placements.For more information, visit: 7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program.
- Students benefit from their participation in scheduled social activities that begin when classroom learning ends.
- During socio-cultural activities, students have the opportunity to practice English skills as they participate in informal English conversation. Students will also experience interesting local history and culture, summer festivals, the arts, sports and much more!
- To learn more about our socio-cultural activities, visit: activities slideshow elp
- If you choose, you may apply to stay with a host family in the Homestay program while you study in this program.
- Every effort is made to find the best match for students & families involved in the program.
- The benefits of homestay include many additional opportunities for students to practice their English skills in authentic living situations while outside of the classroom.
- To learn more about our homestay program, visit our homestay page.
In English Please!
- In order to maximize the benefits for every student in the July Intensive English Language Program, all students are expected to follow an English only policy during class time and at every activity.
July Intensive Student Handbook [PDF] Coming soon!
Register Now for July Intensive Program
Apply Now for Homestay Program - Short Term
|Application Fee||$110.00 CDN|
|Registration Deposit||$500.00 CDN|
|Remaining Tuition||$950.00 CDN|
|Homestay Placement Fee||
The Application deadline is one week prior to the start of each session. To apply, please complete the July Intensive English application form and send it by mail or email along with: $610 CDN (Application fee and Registration Deposit) as well as the $200 CDN Homestay Placement Fee (if applicable) to the English Language Program Office.
To submit the application or for more information, please contact: email@example.com
The University of Winnipeg
English Language Program
Room 1C15, Centennial Hall
515 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9
Need a Program that suits your specific needs?
- If our short term programs do not offer enough flexibility for your group in terms of program dates or course content, you may be interested in a customized short term program.
- For more information, please visit: Customized English Language Programs.