June Intensive Program
English Language Program
May 24 - June 23, 2017
The University of Winnipeg's June Intensive English Language Program offers an English language learning opportunity and cultural experience that will leave you with a new appreciation for the English language, while you make new friends and enjoy all that Winnipeg has to offer.
The University of Winnipeg offers:
- Placement tests to determine the most appropriate class for you
- Small, friendly classes and workshops that are interesting, practical, and fun
- Personalized and professional instruction by skilled and supportive instructors who are trained in second language instruction methods
- Practical and effective classroom lessons and workshops
- Many different activities & city excursions
- Wireless internet access and the use of several computer labs on campus
- Final grade and transcript, with a description outlining the work completed during the program
- High academic standards that stress essential skills
- Opportunities to experience the culture and lifestyle of a uniquely Canadian prairie city
- Opportunities to form lasting friendships with fellow students
- We ensure that every student is placed in a class that reflects his or her level of ability and competence in the English language, which is determined for each student based on an entrance placement test conducted after your arrival.
- Morning sessions focus on developing skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Practical workshops will improve your speaking skills using themed topics. Conversation classes give you a full hour to focus on listening and speaking.
- Students benefit from their participation in scheduled social activities that begin when classroom learning ends.
- During Socio-cultural activities, students have the opportunity to practice English skills as they participate in informal English conversation. Students will also experience interesting local history and culture, summer festivals, the arts, sports and much more!
- To learn more about our socio-cultural activities, visit: activities slideshow elp
- If you choose, you may apply to stay with a host family in the Homestay program while you study in this program.
- Every effort is made to find the best match for students & families involved in the program.
- The benefits of homestay include many additional opportunities for students to practice their English skills in authentic living situations while outside of the classroom
- To learn more about our homestay program, visit our homestay page.
In English Please!
- In order to maximize the benefits for every student in the June Intensive English Language Program, all students are expected to follow a strict English only policy during class time and at every activity.
- The application deadline for every program is one week prior to the start of each session.
Register Now for June Intensive Program
Apply Now for Homestay Program - Short Term
|Application Fee||$110 CDN|
|Registration Deposit||$500.00 CDN|
|Remaining Tuition||$1100.00 CDN|
|Homestay Placement Fee||
To submit the application or for more information, please contact: email@example.com
The University of Winnipeg
English Language Program
Room 1C15, Centennial Hall
515 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9
Need a Program that suits your specific needs?
- If our short term programs do not offer enough flexibility for your group in terms of program dates or course content, you may be interested in a customized short term program.