UWinnipeg Mini Soccer
Can’t wait any longer to play soccer? The University of Winnipeg is now offering Mini Soccer, a fun and exciting introduction to play, team building, and of course…soccer!
Mini Soccer will run for one hour, once per week during the summer season. The 60 minutes will be divided between learning activities and soccer “scrimmages”. Through fun activities, children will develop basic soccer skills, improve their personal fitness, and learn to be part of a team! These activities will be presented in the form of active and exciting games, think “Red Light, Green Light” and “What time is it Mr. Wolf”! Scrimmages will be loosely organized soccer games where players can apply the skills they’ve learned during the activities.
Mini Soccer is a fair play program, meaning all players will receive equal playing time regardless of skill level.
Who Can Play?
Mini Soccer will be open to children ages 4-7. Our young athletes will be divided into two groups, 4 & 5 year olds, and 6 & 7 year olds. Age groups are defined as shown below:
Born In Age Group
2012 4 Year Olds
2011 5 Year Olds
2010 6 Year Olds
2009 7 Year Olds
Time and Dates
Tuesday Evenings, 5:00-6:00pmOctober 18th-December 13th (5th Week Break)
Total = 8 Weeks
Mini Soccer will be held in the Axworthy Health & Recplex at 350 Spence Street. Play on turf fields in this state-of-the-art facility, where it’s climate controlled and never rains! Parking is available underground.
Registration Forms and Fees
Registration fees are $70.00 (+GST) per child, with a $10.00 per child discount granted to families registering multiple children. Fees must be paid in full upon registration. A $25.00 cancellation fee will apply to all cancellation requests made before October 18th. Refunds will not be issued after October 18th.
Registration forms can be downloaded here. Please either email form (see online registration instructions) or submit in person (see in person instructions).
Parents/guardians have the option to register and pay online. For a step by step guide please click here.
In person Registration
Parents/guardians can also register in person at the University of Winnipeg Duckworth Centre (400 Spence St.). Registrations forms are available at the facility desk and payments can be made by cash, cheque (made out to University of Winnipeg), debit, & credit card.
What to Bring?
We ask that players come with clean, indoor athletic shoes, athletic clothes, and a water bottle. Shin guards, socks, and cleats are recommended, but not mandatory. Jerseys will be provided to children, but must be handed back at the end of each session.
Additional Information (IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ)
- Siblings within the same age group will be placed on the same team (unless parents requests otherwise). Please identify siblings on registration forms.
- Requests to put friends together can be made upon registration. We will do our best to accommodate these requests.
- Mini Soccer is all about fun! Players, coaches & parents are expected to be respectful and to demonstrate good sportsmanship. Verbal physical abuse of players, coaches, or parents will NOT be tolerated. Parents or players who fail to behave appropriately will be asked to leave.
- We discourage players from bringing jewelry or other items of value that could get lost.
- Players are encouraged to use the bathroom before the start of the session. There are many bathrooms available at the Axworthy Health and Recplex.
- Parents/guardian MUST remain in the building during the entire session. In the event of medical or behavioral issues coaches will return the player to their parent/guardian.
Questions? We’re Happy to help! Please contact:
Mini Soccer Coordinator
University of Winnipeg Duckworth Centre
400 Spence St, Winnipeg