Student ID Cards
After you’ve registered for your courses, you must get a Student ID Card through Student Central.
You will be asked to show valid photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport). Then your photo will be taken and a card produced. Your first card is FREE; there's a $25.00 fee for a replacement card. To save time, you can pre-order your ID card - see below for details.
Returning Students: Continue to use your same student card. Your first card is FREE; there's a $25.00 fee for a replacement card.
Pre-ordering your ID Card
Just email your photo to Student Central in advance - see deadlines below - and we’ll have your Student ID Card ready and waiting for pick up!
What to do:
- From your UW Webmail account, email a JPG image of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The photo must show your shoulders and entire head. Photos are subject to approval by Student Central.
- Include in the email your full name and student number, as well as which Orientation date you have registered for.
Tips for a great photo:
- Avoid a busy background; stand against a blank wall.
- Ask someone to take the photo for you. No selfies.
- Use a camera, not a cell phone, for better quality resolution.
- Ensure the area is well lit.
- Do NOT wear sunglasses, a hat or headband.
Deadlines & Pick-up Times:
- Deadline for pre-ordering: APRIL 21, 2017
- Pick up: You can pick up your card at Student Central from April 28, 2017 onwards. (Select ticket "E – document pick up" to get your card.) For hours, please see Student Central.
- Deadline for pre-ordering: AUGUST 18, 2017
- Pick up: You can pick up your card at Student Central during Orientation days or after that, during regular hours at Student Central.
(Select ticket "E – document pick up" to get your card.)
- Deadline for pre-ordering: DECEMBER 14, 2017
- Pick up: You can pick up your card at Student Central from Dec. 19 - 21, 2017 or from Jan. 2, 2018 onwards. (Select ticket "E – document pick up" to get your card.) For hours, please see Student Central.
- Note: The campus is closed for the holiday break.
Students who miss the pre-ordering deadline need to go in-person to Student Central to have their photo taken and ID card made. Save time and pre-order now!