The University renovated 42,000 square feet on the main floor of the former Greyhound Bus Depot. Renovation and operating costs for this additional space are covered by rental revenues and savings from lease reductions.
- The University created a new, modern 6,000-square foot bookstore, the anchor tenant in a retail plaza. In partnership with Follett Canada, it is one of downtown's largest bookstores. In addition to meeting the course requirements of UWinnipeg students, the bookstore carries trade books, magazines and general merchandise for customers from the downtown and the surrounding neighbourhood. On-line service is available 24/7.
- In partnership with Winnipeg Transit, the AnX has become a downtown transit hub with creation of the UWinnipeg Balmoral Transit Terminal, providing improved service to students and thousands of downtown commuter
- Canad Inns opened a new pub style restaurant - Garbonzo's - inside the AnX in 2011. Starbucks also has a coffee outlet, as does Powerland Computers and MTS Connect. All offer service to students as well as the general public.
New classroom space - lower level
- An additional 10 classrooms with smart technology, a computer lab, offices, student lounge and meeting rooms was completed in September 2009.
- Adding new classrooms to the University's inventory has allowed students from the English Language Program to relocate from the Massey Building in the Exchange District to the main University campus. Approximately 500 students enroll in ELP annually.